AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to theFederal Government.We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
ATIP (Advanced Technology Integration Program) is Task Order under the Helios IDIQ awarded to AT&T in September 2020.AT&T’s ATIP contract provides a team of IT specialists to operate the DIA headquarters ATIP system which serves as the collection point for multiple Special Access Programs (SAPs) developed under Helios. These systems deliver their digital information payloads from across the globe and outer-space to the ATIP platform for processing, integration, correlation and access by Defense Department analysts and decision-makers. The ATIP system is operated by AT&T specialists and selected AT&T Helios Teammates cleared to support the multitude highly sensitive programs.
AT&T has an opening for a System Administrator for the ATIP systems program. This key position will be providing managed IT support of ATIP systems for high-priority defense intelligence collection needs.
The job duties of the System Administrator are as follows:
- Monitors system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems.
- Performs legacy and cloud O&M administration.
- Solves legacy server and cloud & virtualization issues.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for new server builds and STIGs.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems with Linux and Centos servers.
- Providing escalation support for subordinates and junior resources.
- Writing custom start scripts for various applications.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
- Working on assigned Change Requests/Problem tickets.
- Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems in use
- Performing hardware maintenance/repair activities.
- Ensuring proper planning and execution of major projects/maintenance activities.
TS/SCI w/poly (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
- Experience managing legacy Linux servers and cloud resources.
- Highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation such as Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc…)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc…)
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and four (4) years of relevant experience
- An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
Familiar with multi-level security environments (U, S, TS)
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Linux System Admin’s earn between $89,200- $190,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2328109 Date posted 08/28/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events