AT&T partners with First Responders and Public Safety agencies at all levels of government. Join our team for a rewarding opportunity to support critical missions and the professionals on the front line of our nation’s security. AT&T welcomes IT professionals who possess a strong work ethic, a passion for public service, and dedication to our customers’ goals.
AT&T has an opening to fill a Network Administrator (NWA) position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program. Specifically, the NWA will support Information Technology Field Operations (ITFO) in Reston, VA. This position provides onsite and remote Tier 2 support that requires prompt action and quick resolution of user IT issues to minimize downtime. These IT issues include hardware, software, applications, network diagnostics, cloud and other IT services, as requested.
The NWA reports to a Team Lead and provides IT Field Operations (ITFO) support for 24x7 LANs and associated applications, peripherals, connectivity, and end-users in a Service Desk supported Tier II environment. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently and/or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
The job duties of the NWA are as follows:
- Provide LAN administrator support with the installation, configuration and maintenance of network communication devices, servers, network storage arrays and tape backup units.
- Provide support of network attached devices such as computers, printers, fax machines, biometric devices, electrocardiograms, x-ray machines, smart display, and sensors
- Provide support of mobile and wireless devices to include smartphones, tablets and hotspots
- Assist in testing, applying and maintaining server configurations and related security patches
- Assist in maintaining and checking the health of systems and backups to include restore testing
- Monitors ITSM (ServiceNow) assignment groups and applies troubleshooting needed to resolve tickets
- Update tickets following documentation templates and/or guidelines to ensure quality requirements are met
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly activity reports describing activities accomplished in a timely manner
- Provide inventory support and input to the provided inventory system for the customer
- Responsible for installing and maintaining VTC infrastructure to include assisting with user requests
- Participate in pre-scheduled after-hours support of weekly on-call rotation and/or as a team member supporting special projects or events
- Conduct or provide new equipment deployments and/or requested deployment support
- Provide cabling support and run cables within data centers, LAN rooms and remote wiring closets
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Effectively contribute to technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met
- Provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products.
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers, stakeholders, and technical specialists
Public Trust (#publictrust)
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience
- 13 years of related work experience
- 8 years of IT-related support experience, preferably through progressive technical roles
- 3 years’ experience of IT support in an Enterprise environment (10,000+ end-users)
- 1+ year experience in a lead technical role or supervisory position supporting a group of 5 or more.
- A working knowledge in various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience evaluating system performance results and recommending improvements or optimizations.
- Experience functioning as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Records check as this position is classified as a “Regular Driver” and overnight travel may be required. (Actual travel percentage varies based upon location but is typically less than 20%)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and pass the DHS Employment Eligibility Verification process
- Must be comfortable working in a Law Enforcement environment which may consist of locations similar to detention facilities, prisons or jails.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Experience performing IT hardware repairs and installing replacement parts.
- Experience planning and leading major technology assignments and projects.
- Subject matter expert with the setup, configuration and administration of servers and backups.
- ITIL v4, MCSE, A+, Security+, Network+, or other relevant certifications.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2227288 Date posted 05/20/2022