AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
AT&T has an opening for a Linux System Administrator for the ATIP (Advancec Technology Information Program) systems program. This key position will be providing managed IT support of ATIP systems for high-priority defense intelligence collection needs.
- Monitors system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems.
- Performs legacy and cloud O&M administration.
- Solves legacy server and cloud & virtualization issues.
- Maintaining and developing a local cloud virtualization environment (Nutanix)
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for new server builds and STIGs.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems with Linux and Centos servers.
- Providing escalation support for subordinates and junior resources.
- Writing custom start scripts for various applications.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
- Working on assigned Change Requests/Problem tickets.
- Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems in use
- Performing hardware maintenance/repair activities.
- Ensuring proper planning and execution of major projects/maintenance activities.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
- Experience managing legacy Linux servers and cloud resources.
- Highly versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures
- Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation such as Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc…)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc…)
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and four (4) years of relevant experience
- An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification.
Familiar with multi-level security environments (U, S, TS)