Overall Purpose: Design and implement systems and applications which enable policy treatment and API exposure for the national AT&T Mobility data network.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Architecture and Design of Network Policy functions (PCRF/PCF) and Network API Exposure function (NEF) deployed on AT&T Network Cloud or a hyperscaler public cloud. Must be well-versed in the 3GPP Policy specifications and Cloud Native Mobility Core functions.
Job Contribution: Leads Mobility Core network feature design to support AT&T services and Marketing/Business initiatives. Subject matter expert on Policy, charging (Policy and Charging Function) and network APIs (Network Exposure Function) with ability to lead cross-functional design efforts. This role demands creation of design documents including detailed call flows for all relevant Policy and API interfaces and logical state machine diagrams. This role also requires leading the platform architecture for deployment on a Cloud Infrastructure. An overall understanding of AT&T’s EPC & 5G Core platforms is required. Typical responsibilities include driving the platform feature roadmap; interact with external organizations to assess the feasibility of new solutions/services and decompose new solutions/services into distinct PCF or NEF platform features. Work with cross-functional DevOps teams using Agile methodologies as well as the latest industry tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Python development. Develop platform requirements, architecture, lab certification and support field validations for the launch of new and innovative services. Create efficiencies via automation for server builds and server monitoring in order reduce the need for human intervention.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Solves complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilizes innovative methods in developing solutions. Troubleshoot 5G Core network call flows and Virtualization Technologies (VMware ESXi and Openstack).
INDEPENDENCE Guided by functional goals/objectives. May influence organization goals/objectives. Applies discretion to develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Key contributor on critical projects/technology initiatives. Develops enterprise-wide integrated solutions. Contributes to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives.
COMMUNICATION Provides technical expertise to peers across the company. Actively promotes good working relationships. Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
Education: Required: PhD, Masters or Bachelors degree in an approved field such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics from an accredited university. Refer to the Technical Title Plan for a complete list of degrees. Experience: PhD in an approved field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. . Supervisory: No.
- Have deep understanding of 3GPP defined architecture and capabilities for 5G Policy, Charging and API Exposure functions.
- Experience with writing API specifications and functional requirements for Mobility Core Network. Scripting skills for API call flow simulation.
- Have knowledge of virtualized network function deployment designs in VMware and Openstack implementations.
- Deploy and manage Linux based applications over cloud infrastructure. Automating daily tasks by utilizing scripting languages like Linux bash/shell and Python.
- Knowledge of one or more DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet. Knowledge of TCP/IP networks, IP Tables, NAT, IPV4, IPV6, IP Routing protocols, Radius and Diameter. Familiar with designing and implementing Policy and Charging function, Network Exposure Function (NEF) & related technologies.
- Have knowledge of how the components of a Cloudnative Kubernetes cluster work together. Should be capable of building a Kubernetes cluster from scratch as well as deploying, scheduling and monitoring pods.
- Have a good understanding of how to interact with Kubernetes objects using the Kubernetes API in order to automate the deployment, management and monitoring of complex applications.
- Experience with public cloud technologies like Azure and AWS is desired. Ability to develop scripts, tools and utilities to quickly address platform needs in a timely manner is needed.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.