This is a Principal Member of Technical Staff role that reports into the Wireless Technology Business Unit in the Mobile Core and Network Services team. In this role you will lead design and development of user plane architecture on LTE, 5G non-standalone (NSA), and 5G standalone (SA) mobile cores.
A qualified applicant will be recognized in the company as a technical leader and will have direct experience with mobile core user plane. You should be comfortable working on projects of high complexity with many moving parts.
In this role you will be a subject matter expert (SME) on the team responsible for design and development of SAEGW in the LTE/NSA cores and SMF + UPF in the 5G SA core. The focus of the role is on user plane, particularly on service realization and delivery in the mobile core. Your work will directly influence both the direction of AT&T’s 5G network evolution and the experience our customers have when using our mobile network.
PhD, Masters or Bachelors degree in an approved field such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics from an accredited university.
PhD candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. Masters candidates should have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Bachelors candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record designing and developing large, complex network architectures.
- Outstanding writing, communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with IP, TCP, HTTP, QUIC, TLS, and other L3-L7 protocols. Deep experience reading/interpreting packet traces a plus.
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards and protocol specifications, particularly those related to mobile core.
- Expert level experience with Linux and virtualization. Specific experience with Openstack and/or Cloud Native (containers, Kubernetes, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with writing shell and python.
- Strong hands on troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with VoLTE, video management techniques (ABR), deep packet inspection (DPI) techniques.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.