With First Responders. For First Responders.
FirstNet brings public safety their own, dedicated nationwide communications platform to help them save lives and protect communities. For AT&T, it was an opportunity to provide our unmatched network capabilities to help make our communities safer. Now, when disaster strikes, FirstNet will provide open lines of communication to first responders when they need it most.
AT&T has an opening for a Principal Member of Technical Staff role in the AT&T FirstNet Technology organization in AT&T Business - This position will support the AT&T Mobility Core Architecture and Network Services team and will be responsible for platform architecture, planning, detailed design, and system engineering for AT&T FirstNet services. The position will lead large teams of diverse technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to design the best solution for service leveraging AT&T existing assets yet meet time to market needs.
The Platform Architect position is an individual contributor responsible for FirstNet Mission Critical (MC) platform design including MC Push To Talk (MCPTT), Mission Critical Data (MCData), Mission Critical Video (MCVideo), Evovled Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Services (eMBMS), and/or Interworking Functions. His/her primary responsibility will be producing short and long-term platform architecture and the detailed design for specific releases, security compliance, and resiliency/performance within AT&T’s Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and mobility network ecosystem.
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and 5G Next Generation Core (NGxC)
- E2E Services / EPC & Next Gen Core Services (e.g. VoNR, ..) experience
- Wireless and Access System Architecture experience
- Mobile Device and Application Architecture
- Mobile Network Security
- Knowledge of best practices for Application Programming Interfaces
The position requires:
- Working closely with business partners to identify the requirements, identify synergy and/or gaps, and help business to define feature sets and propose phase approach, as appropriate
- Authoring detailed architecture solutions & design that balance business needs and technical capabilities
- Leading technology and design reviews with suppliers
- Coordinate with engineering and development leads
- Engaging with the Security Organization to ensure of FirstNet security compliance
- Authoring and publishing interface specifications and level 1-3 call flows
- Extending beyond completed design to act as the lead system engineer as needed during integration and/or development phases
- Iterating and driving resiliency and performance design requirements in support of FirstNet Key Performance Indicators and best-in-class quality
Expert Level Proficiency in the following:
- Proficient in 3GPP standards, full-stack mobility software architectures, and L3/4 network engineering. It is desirable to have knowledge in Software Defined Networks (SDN), Virtual Network Function (VNF) software design, cloud infrastructure (OpenStack, Kubernetes, and/or Azure), ONAP, FCAPS, knowledge of mobility EPC architectures, 5G CUPS/Option 2 – 3.x, and Model-Driven Design. Strong technical leadership, self-motivation, strong issue identification/resolving, strong in teamwork, and communication skills are also required
The candidate must also have experience exhibiting the following areas:
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and technical leadership
- Teaming skills, experience in effective teaming, and ability to lead teams. Candidate must have ability to balance and prioritize work and work independently and as part of a team
- Hands on experience with technology integration
- OpenStack and/or Azure Cloud Infrastructure
- Service-oriented Architectures, component-based software engineering
- Open source technologies including ONAP, ONF, and ORAN
- Model-based architecture tools (e.g. EA Sparx or similar)
Required Qualifications: Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or Masters in an approved field from an approved university with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors in an approved field from an approved university with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Preferred education is a Ph.D in a relevant field.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.