AT&T has a commitment to delivering excellence in networks, with significant use of Software Defined Networks. AT&T Labs is at the heart of AT&T's engineering organisation and can trace its history from AT&T Bell Labs; the home of the transistor, C/C++ and Unix.
Open-source software is at the heart of our products, and we recently seeded a version of our NOS to the Linux Foundation DANOS project.
We are hiring talented Software Engineers to join the Vyatta Network Operating System (NOS) group, which is part of AT&T Labs. The Vyatta virtual and white-box routers are widely deployed inside the AT&T network, where they have demonstrated world-class performance and reliability.
If you are a self-motivated, creative and highly effective software engineer who can design, implement and deliver complex software solutions, then we are looking for you.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software development skills
- Ability to architect, design and write quality C/C++/Go code (other languages considered)
- Ability to analyse and critique software functionality
- Experiences of modern source code control systems, such as Git
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and integrity
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to architect, design and write quality Python code
- Experience of Open-source software development
- Experience of network routers/switches or routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Knowledge of network merchant silicon chipsets, such as the Broadcom chipset
- Experience in troubleshooting large software projects
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset
- Strong understanding of low-level computer architecture
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Open to continuous learning and self-improvement
Education & Qualifications
Ideally, requires BSc in Computing Science (or similar) or MSc/PhD in Computing Science (or similar) with relevant experience.
We can offer you an unparalleled opportunity to gain in-depth networking knowledge, working alongside a diverse and industry leading team of network engineers, building components to support customer network services and our own network infrastructure, including bringups on new emerging prototype hardware. As well as on the job training, you would have access to our AT&T University training program.
The team are located in the heart of the Thames Valley, in the centre of Reading just a few minutes walk from the railway station.
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.