Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Marine Corps in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks.
AT&T has an opening for Senior System Administrator (WLAN) to support the Quantico, VA NGEN Team, in providing IT Services.
Experience and Responsibilities:
- Ten plus (10+) years of related experience
- Assists leadership in determining tactical and strategic direction of the organization as it relates to emerging operational support technologies
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends new operational support technologies, tools, and techniques
- Coaches others on the application of new operational support technologies
- Reviews distributed computing and network designs to select appropriate operational support strategies and ensure efficient use of resources
- Conducts system support design and performance evaluation reviews
- Identifies, develops, and updates operational support standards and procedures
- Participates with corporate strategic planning teams
- Keeps abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends
- Recommends price/performance improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- Manage and oversee USMC Aruba Wireless (WLAN) solution
- Serve as central POC for WLAN problem escalation and resolution
- Serve as central POC for WLAN upgrade/update/maintenance projects.
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting for WLAN Aruba Controllers, AirWave management servers, and ClearPass authentication servers
- Coordinate and participate in enterprise wireless troubleshooting efforts with MCOOG, MITSC, and NetOps
- Track and maintain WLAN related IP addressing and capacity planning.
- Manage WLAN license registration
- Manage WLAN device capacity planning
- Perform WLAN device maintenance
- Assist MCSC and MCCOG with maintaining documentation of WLAN solution
- DoD 8570 Security Requirement: Sec+, CCNA-Security, CISSP, etc.
- Minimum Wireless: ACMA or CWNA
- Preferred: ACMP and/or CWAP/CWSP/CWDP
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.