Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Under broad direction, perform general Local Area Network (LAN)/Body Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration and provides technical expertise in the performance, design, configuration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks. Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Evaluates and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems, provides technical expertise for performance, design and configuration of networks.
- Perform Capacity and Demand Management activities in accordance with the USMC Circuit Management processes.
- Support traffic analysis and traffic shaping design plans.
- Monitor and optimize directory services replication speed.
- Design the capabilities and features that allow end users to for access of internal and external web content via Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTPS protocols.
- Design capabilities for caching and proxy, to include control of content accessed through proxy (Filter by category, allow policy application scheduling, and apply updates of automated filter categories from a Government approved industry provider).
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government policies.
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies.
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and address management.
- Experience with Marine Corps, DISA and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Design, Develop and Integrate network routing utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortage Path First (OSPF) routing and Virtual Routing and Firewall (VRF) and perform network security utilizing Virtual Routing and Firewall (VRF), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Access Control List (ACL), Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC) and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPN).
- Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups. Expert knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Uniform Resource Locator (URL) filtering.
- Design Anti-malware, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) inspection solutions.
- Design application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
Must possess ITIL V3. Must possess
professional-level certifications in one or more technology related
vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Service Provider, Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional
(JNCIP) or equivalent Certification, or resume as accepted by Government
demonstrating sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance
Technician Level III.
Required Clearance: Secret
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.