AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The CNOSC Network Operations Team supports various Federal Government and Military organizations by providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video and various networking and collaboration services.
The AT&T CNOSC Network Operations Center has an opening for a Network Engineer to support a 24 x 7 Network Operation Center which provides management and oversight of various networks in a multi-tenant secure environment.
- Employee will be responsible for the monitoring and on-going maintenance of network elements to include Routers, Switches and Firewalls with various configurations and solutions within a shared services model
- Isolate and resolve end-to-end IP routing and connectivity issues.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to other technicians in support of various customer solutions deployed within a shared environment.
- Assist in managing escalations for high profile customers with critical missions, keeping AT&T management as well as the Customer informed during complex Customer deployments and outages
- Network Operations Center Engineering staff are an on-site resource. The work environment will be within a secure facility which operates on a 24x7 basis.
- Must be able to work non-traditional business hours/Shifts as needed. (7AM-5PM) (2PM-Midnight), (Midnight to 8AM) as needed. Primary shift 2pm-Midnight with occasional coverage on other shifts as business needs require
- Leadership skills, Solid communication skills, and solid team building skills.
Required Clearance: Secret (#secret)
Minimum of a DoD SECRET Clearance is required and ability to obtain and retain higher levels of clearance as needed is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Current Cisco and or Juniper or Networking -- working knowledge required and Certification in one or more is preferred
- Working Knowledge of:
- Network Monitoring tools such as: Netscout, Zenoss, etc.
- Physical Layer troubleshooting
- TCP/IP Routing and Networking
- IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
- MPLS (Multi-Protocol Layer Switching) networks.
- Ability work non-traditional shifts nights and occasional Weekends
- Possess effective communication skills an ability to interact with customers and business partners regarding operational and maintenance issues daily.
Job ID 2142728 Date posted 07/23/2021
- Juniper and Ciena router, switch, and firewall configuration
- DoD 8570/8140 Information Assurance Technician Level 2 Certification
- The interaction of servers, routers, switches, and firewall interconnections TCP/IP Routing and Networking
- Experience with Service Now or Remedy trouble ticketing system
- MPLS (Multi Protocol Layer Switching) Networking
Ready to join our team? Apply today!