Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our CNOSC Team supports our Nation’s federal agencies and warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical NOC and SOC services are delivered for the full spectrum mission-critical requirements.
AT&T has an opening for Sr. Security Tools Administrator to support the CNOSC infrastructure and systems in providing in providing critical services to our customers.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Implement security tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, incident handling, customer request handling, etc.
- Troubleshoot networking issues, enhance network performance and reliability.
- Interact with Operations Engineers, Operators, and SOC Analysts to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Specialized application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Define functional requirements, perform research, evaluate vendors/solutions, and design/implement solutions.
- Engage/negotiate with operations stakeholders to develop software behavioral requirements; to be translated by software development into minimal viable product.
- Develop and maintain capacity plans for Splunk – sizing for both aggregation as well as overall license management of the tool
- Ability to clearly document and articulate findings that will enable team members to perform their duties
- Provide technical engineering support to all phases of network development, operation and management.
- Analyze network topologies and network performance.
- Five (5) years or more of experience as Security Tools Administrator (ELK, Splunk, Tenable, Nessus) on a large enterprise.
- 5+ years in IT Infrastructure, network, architecture, systems administration or security – to include firewall administration. An individual capable of multitasking, direct problem to solution-oriented results.
- Skills that would enable a candidate: Shell scripting in Linux and Windows environments, Splunk training and certification, experience in the ability to build customer dashboards and visual models.
- Identify normal ES use cases
- Examine deployment requirements for typical ES installs
- Install ES and gather information for lookups
- Setting up inputs using technology add-ons
- Create custom correlation searches
- Configure ES risk analysis, threat and protocol intelligence
- Fine tune ES’s settings and other customizations
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.