At Xandr, our mission is to build a better advertising platform that gives our clients an alternative to the tech giants that have a monopoly in the attention economy. In building our platform we have to stay ahead of our competition by building out a multitude of features including cutting-edge data integrations, effective machine learning algorithms and innovative user experience - all while maintaining a highly-distributed platform that processes more than 150TB of data a day. Engineering is at the core of what we do at Xandr. Our Software Engineers play a pivotal role in developing, improving, and scaling our platform while sticking to high quality standards and 24/7/365 uptime requirements. Our software is complex, massively scaled, and built with a wide variety of languages and tools, lending itself to the most exciting and challenging technical problems.
About the team
We are a close-knit and collaborative feature development team made up of smart, passionate software engineers of varying degrees of experience with a variety of backgrounds, each of whom brings their unique perspective and history to the group. We partner with the product management and user experience teams to design, architect, and implement beautiful, easy-to-use, functional user interfaces that enable our users to drive their business to success. We spend our days developing best-in-class products using React, Redux and many other useful technologies in the React ecosystem, such as Reselect and Redux-saga. We also own a number of “middle layer” Node.js applications, and we contribute to the schemas that drive our implementation of GraphQL. Our projects run the gamut from re-architecting existing systems, to improving application performance and runtime, to building greenfield applications. Finally, on our team we have a commitment to code quality - every engineer on our team gives and receives feedback on pull requests and writes unit tests, and we have regular team syncs to discuss the state of our architecture, patterns and processes and what we can improve.
About the job
For the role you will
*Own team’s deliverables to ensure we are building products that address the needs of our customers
* Provide continuous feedback to guide team members through their career development
* Partner with Product Managers to prioritize a roadmap that balances ongoing improvement with new feature development
* Foster an inclusive, positive culture that emphasizes ownership and knowledge sharing
* Hire high potential candidates to grow the team
The following are expected qualifications for the role
* 5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
* Experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development
* Experience driving planning and design discussions and leading them as needed
* Track record of leading cross-functional projects that deliver high-quality products on time
* Experience with designing and building enterprise user-facing applications preferred
* A commitment to code quality
* Extensive experience collaborating and building an inclusive and growth-oriented team culture
Nice to have
The following additional areas of expertise that will be beneficial for the role
* Experience with particular frontend technologies (Hooks, Reselect, Redux-saga)
* Experience with functional programming
* Experience with middle layer technologies (Node.js, GraphQL, Restful APIs)
* Experience with large distributed systems
You'll love working here if you
* Enjoy working on high-quality, intuitive, impactful products
* Take personal pride in the quality of your work
* Are passionate about learning and teaching
* Constantly strive to improve yourself
* Thrive on helping to empower and raise up your colleagues
* Focus not just on resolving immediate, surface-level issues but also on understanding the root causes in order to build long-term solutions
* Care about solving big, systemic problems
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.