Our DevSecOps team is dedicated to connecting and protecting critical data and systems. From enabling better security to designing and implementing process automation, here’s your chance to bring proactive solutions to our rapidly changing industry.
At AT&T, we push the boundaries of innovation, bringing the world together in unimaginable ways. As technology is further integrated into all aspects of our lives, protecting and securing our data is now more important than ever. Our Software Engineering teams are dedicated to building innovative and secure solutions to protect what’s important to our customers and employees. From enabling better security to designing and implementing process automation, here’s your chance to bring proactive solutions to our rapidly changing industry.
AT&T’s Technology Development Team is looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer with 8+ years of experience to be responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation.
Your primary responsibility would be Java based micro-service development; Springboot, REST micro-services for high volume and responsive e-commerce web application for AT&T Digital Experience on the Integrated Digital Platform (IDP) in Bothell, WA or Plano, TX.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Collaborate to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions. Execute a specific development methodology through application of various programming languages. Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting. In addition to Unit Test, responsibilities may include interface testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and/or user acceptance testing. Supports applications and solves configuration and environment issues. Supports the software deployment process.
- Experience working in advanced iterative methodologies such as Agile and Safe
- Quick and independent learner, autodidactic
- Ability to see the big picture
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Comfortable working in complex and demanding environments with high degree of change
Strong software design capabilities, experience in OOP & OOD, design patterns
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience in microservice-based architecture
- Experience (and passion) in the following practices:
- Clean code
- Test-driven design
- Behavior-driven design
- Unit testing
- Feature Toggling
- Automation testing (component, integration and end2end)
- Full accountability for code quality
- Familiar with the most common Application Security Risks (OWSAP top 10 Vulnerabilities)
- Experience with security SCA tools (such as Fortify, Checkmarks, etc)
- Clean code which prevents security risks (injection, XSS, Sensitive data)
- Ability to view system perspective and to perform thorough investigations
- Experience in frequent delivery to production
Hands on experience with the following technical and functional stack components:
- Knowledge in microservices Architecture and Design Patterns.Deep understanding in implementing Micro services and message-based loosely coupled architectures.
- Experience in Rest or Webservices using Spring MVC, Integration patterns, Sprint Boot and JSON
- Experience with event-driven architectures (e.g. Kafka) or distributed architecture
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Spring, Spring Boot
- CI/ CD Frameworks
- Experience with JVM based languages (Java/ Scala).
- Experience in designing data persistence system using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (Cassandra,MongoDB, OracleDB)
- Experience in use of source code management system Git and build tools like ant, maven, jenkins
- Experience writing unit tests and using standard Web testing frameworks (mokito, PACT)
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Experience with messaging products like RabbitMQ, Kafka or ActiveMQ
- Experience with web application servers like Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss etc
- Prior Experience with cloud technologies.
- Experience in UI Engineering frameworks and/or front-end technologies like REACT/Angular, CSS & React Native
- Experience with Node.js
Streaming Analytics Development skills:
- IBM Streams
- Azure Streams
- Experience in building and maintaining CI\CD pipeline in different environments
- Experience in cloud deployment and containers (familiarity with Dockers and K8S)
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in production environment (including defining relevant levels of monitoring and thresholds, issues root cause analysis and problem solving)
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.