The Data Science team is responsible for driving algorithmic innovation across the company. We combine elements of theory with the practical tools and techniques for exploring vast quantities of data, all with the aim of designing effective algorithms to achieve our goals. Data Science partners closely with Engineering, Business Groups, and Data Analytics to ensure that our solutions are solving the right business problem, are scaling as needed, and are achieving the expected results for our clients.
As a team, we have diverse set of backgrounds (math, physics, engineering, operations research, statistics, econometrics, political science) and a spectrum of credentials (many have PhDs). Our culture centers on collaborating, continuously learning and teaching, and producing effective solutions for our users, whether they rely on elegant theory or on simple heuristics and empirical evidence. We measure our efforts based on the impact and value we create for our internal clients and internal teammates.
The Data Scientist role is perfect for someone who is passionate about combining deep technical understanding, broad domain knowledge, and creative problem-solving skills to design products that make a measurable impact for our customers.
About the job:
- Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, statistical analysis, etc. to gain insight into various data sets – some of which are readily available, and some of which you create and curate yourself
- Builds and refines advanced data science models on complex and large datasets. Defines new datasets required to perform analysis to deliver on new business requirements and partners with data engineers to ensure data sets are built/pulled appropriately based on the need.
- Explores and utilizes cutting edge new tools and technologies to meet the needs of the business and brings others along to learn and develop. In addition to the technical skills, this position also requires a professional presence; capable of communicating to technical and non-technical business counterparts at all levels of leadership
About your skills and experience:
Job ID 2136519 Date posted 06/24/2021
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning or Business Analyst nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Master's Degree preferred.
- Typically requires 8 - 10 years of experience.
- Masters or PhD in a relevant quantitative field, or 1-3 years relevant applied research or industry experience preferred.
- Expertise in Python using SciKitLearn, Pandas, Tensorflow, Keras and other AutoML libraries and tools required. Data extraction, cleansing, feature engineering, exploratory data analysis, model selection/creation, hyper-parameter tuning, model interpretation, model retraining.
- Experience working on cloud platform.
- Proficiency in algorithm categories such as Supervised Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Optimization and Forecasting Algorithms.