IT \ Engineering \ Technology Jobs
You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
DescriptionResponsible for the development of high performance, distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, text mining and other distributed environment technologies.
Familiarity with JVM-based function languages including Scala, Java, Python, Hadoop query languages including Pig, Hive; along with alternative HDFS-based computing frameworks including Spark is desirable.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Uses Big Data programming languages and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in distributed, large scale analytics and visualization solutions. Interacts with data scientists and industry experts to understand how data needs to be converted, loaded and presented. Works in a highly agile environment.
- Job Contribution: Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant dept/functional impact.
- Knowledge: Subject Matter Expert (SME) within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge.
- Analysis/Problem Solving: Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.
- Independence: Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple projects of small to medium size and technical breadth.
- Contribution to AT&T Technology: Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.
- Communication: Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing preferred.
- Experience: Typically requires 5-8 years’ experience.
- Supervisory: No.
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.