You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
Overall Purpose: The transformation of AT&T’s mobility platforms and applications to Domain 3.0 and new strategic initiatives (e.g. 5G, FirstNet, Edge Computing, massive IoT etc.) have increased the need for technical leadership in the Converged Access & Device Technology team to manage eSIM/SIM/UICC, Remote SIM Provisioning (RSP), and Over the Air (OTA) platform functions which are critical to the business. We have limited existing capability in eSIM/SIM management within AT&T and several strategic projects depend on SIM expertise for timely deliveries. The key focus areas are:
- Serve as SPE contact to interface with Supply Chain, SIM vendors and other internal groups
- Serve as a technical architect in the development and management of AT&T eSIM and UICC/SIM cards for all channels and segments.
- As a technical leader, provide an in-depth business and technical expertise on new SIM architecture, key management, and security/cryptographic functions
- Provide technical and leadership expertise to generate maintainable and quality solutions through documenting system requirements, creating application designs, validating high level designs to ensure accuracy and completeness against AT&T business requirements and programming the solutions
- Serve as a technical leader in the development and testing of SIM toolkit applications, development and certification of SIM profiles
- Develop the process to manage the certification of eSIM and UICC/SIM cards
- Responsible for overall testing and certification of eSIM and UICC/SIM cards
- Serve as a lead in industry forum (e.g. 3GPP, GSMA) and drive AT&T technical requirements for broader adoption.
- Troubleshooting of field and lab issues – so knowledge of test methodologies and tools such as PCOM, Comprion, QXDM, and network tracing is essential.
- Experience: PhD in an approved field from an approved university with a
minimum of 8 years relevant experience, or Masters degree in an approved
field from an approved university with a minimum of 10 years relevant
experience, or a Bachelors degree in an approved field from an approved
university with a minimum of 14 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Software development experience using C, C# and Python
- SIM or secure element development experience
- Knowledge of SIM card testing, HTTPs, and Key management
- Knowledge of authentication algorithms (e.g. Milenage), processes, and mechanisms
- Knowledge of policy rules, provisioning profiles, and profile management
- Experience with Network Simulators (Keysight/Anite, R&S, Anritsu etc.) is desired but not required
- Test methodologies and tools such as PCOM, Comprion, QXDM, and network tracing
- Knowledge of Mobile Core network functions
- LTE/5G network architecture, network service
provisioning, remote service provisioning (RSP), and 3GPP protocols
- Understanding of SIM or eSIM standards (e.g. ETSI TS 102.221, GSMA RSP SG.22) a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively with suppliers and internal
technical groups to develop and deploy products and services within
- Excellent technical writing skills are desired
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.