Big Data Jobs
As a member of our Big Data team, you’ll work with awesome people in a start-up environment. With one of the biggest data sets in the world, you’ll use data-driven analytics to tackle our business challenges and drive the innovation that changes the lives of our customers. In fact, your work will impact major decisions that go all the way to the top. This is your chance to turn the massive scale of possibilities at AT&T into an equally big opportunity.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field preferred
- Programming experience with a programming language (preferably Java, Python or R)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Self-starter and team player
- Passionate about constantly learning new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences, from executives who need the big picture to expert peers that want to learn from your work
- Capacity to translate complex and open-ended business challenges into concise data-driven problems
- Experience creating models utilizing Machine Learning and/or Statistics
- Great intuition, curiosity and skepticism when analyzing data
- Experience designing and implementing your own algorithms and data structures
- Exposure to the Hadoop Ecosystem tools (e.g Spark, MapReduce/Tez) or other big data technologies
- Experience manipulating big and noisy datasets (e.q. SQL, Pig, Hive)
- Competitive Programmer or Competitive Data Scientist
- Committer to Open Source Projects
- Development of personal projects
- Knowledge of scalable data visualization techniques
- Ability to create prototypes quickly
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets
- Contributing author on publications in graph methods
- Knowledge Graph and Knowledge Representation experience
- Distributed graph processing experience
- Startup, consulting or leadership experience
- Professional Level: Preferred Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning or Business Analyst nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Typically requires 5-8 years experience or PhD or Masters in an approved field with no minimum years of relevant experience.
- Senior Level: Preferred Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning or Business Analyst nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience or PhD or Masters in an approved field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Principal Level: Preferred Masters of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning or Business Analyst nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Experience: Typically requires 10 or more years experience or PhD in an approved field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.