Welcome to AT&T command central. As part of our Corporate team, you’ll be at the heart of everything we touch – including industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. Partnering up with thought leaders and amazing innovators in business units across the company, you’ll be amazed by what we can do. We’re connecting the world – and it all starts here.
Sales Support Specialist (Client Services) - ROOT Sports Pittsburgh
The position is for Sales Support Specialist (Client Services) working with our team partners, vendors, clients, sales department, and traffic. The role requires the candidate to have high levels of verbal and written communication skills with an importance and emphasis in organization and record keeping. This position is based in Pittsburgh and reports to the General Sales Manager.
• Maintain good relationship with team partners and ad sales clients by meeting deadlines, hosting events and helping meet their needs when requested
• Participate in all department events pertaining to clients, team partners and sponsor entertainment activities
• Create and implement a yearly Ad Sales Client Services budget and plan client partner trips/events/activities that will allow for increased renewal rates and new revenue streams
• Fulfill client ticket requests and maintain contractual ticket obligations
• Update and maintain ticket system
• Manage the hospitality experience for clients in both the Penguins and Pirates suites. Order food and beverage according to which tier level client assumes and provide Account Executive with suite bill for expense reports
• Facilitate all special events for clients including on-field events, receptions, trips, etc.
• Attend weekly sales and marketing department meetings
• Attend any planning sessions with team partners
• Develop group presentations and season partnership actions with clients and team partners
• Adhere to all event and promotional budgets
• Plan and order company branded items to provide to clients and enhance client experience
• Participate as an active team member to develop and maintain excellent client relationships
• Generate detailed and visually effective sales proposals for Account Executives for use in client pitch meetings
• Provide research for Account Executives utilizing Scarborough data (Strata) to identify potential opportunities
• Coordinate with the traffic department in inventory utilization, program back fill, and with client traffic instructions
• Support account executives by tracking ratings on their client advertising schedule (posting)
• Pull clips of sales features/commercials to provide to clients as proof of airing
• When necessary, execute client advertising schedule and assure that any spots unaired are made good for account executives
• Track Penguins, Pirates and College ratings and provide to sales department
• Handle any necessary tasks in support of the Ad Sales Managers and Account Executives
• Maintain consistent networking strategies through participation in various marketing and advertising organizations
• Uphold industry and marketplace knowledge
• Possess a working knowledge of the MLB and NHL marketing and promotional guidelines
• Allow for the ability to handle deadlines and last minute requests
• Serve as an advocate for partners and client’s interests
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or equivalent experience
• 2 years of full-time work experience in a sales or promotions department
• Passionate knowledge of regional sports teams both pro and collegiate
• Highly effective in communicating both written and oral information to clients and internal staff
• A professional appearance and telephone manner, position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• High level of interpersonal skills to work with both internal and external customers in a professional and proactive manner including the ability to take and apply constructive criticism
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to organize, multitask and produce creative, quality product under tight deadline pressure.
• Mastery knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel
• Must be able to work varied and flexible hours in support of programming and event needs (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
• Prior work experience with a radio or television station
• Prior experience with the Wide Orbit Traffic System
I love my career at AT&T.
AT&T has opened my world to possibilities! AT&T has a career platform that is rich in opportunity. It provides so many areas of interest you have the stay with one company and work in very different and challenging roles throughout your entire career.
The big corporate environment can make you feel like a number if you let it. You have to take control and drive your career. Get engaged and have a vision for what you see your career as.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.