- Manage day-to-day activity of employees to ensure proper service delivery in the critical business areas of Incident, Change, Service Level, and Problem Management.
- Coach and mentor all subordinates on the execution of processes and procedures.
- Ensure accurate time keeping of employees. Approve timesheets, paid time off, holidays, and over time. Responsible for employees’ development, including evaluations, promotions, transfers, hiring, and salary recommendations.
- Work directly with Human Resources to resolve employee personnel issues.
- Provide oversight of all outage recovery efforts.
- Manage personnel to ensure trouble tickets are accurate, provide reports, and ensure proper escalation occurs.
- Act as an escalation point for critical recovery decisions.
- Provide oversight for the execution of all change activities.
- Approve all operational and emergency changes.
- Authorize deviations from standard processes and procedures to mitigate issues.
- Ensure proper reporting and classification of incident and change tickets.
- Analyze performance and recovery time as it pertains to Incident Management.
- Account for all Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators associated with service availability, performance, and response.
- Ensure proper documentation is available in the ticking systems for compliancy purposes.
- Engage necessary personnel to address chronic issues identified by the Problem Management team.
- Ensure continued progression to problem resolution occurs.
- When required, act as a voting member of the Change Authorization Board and a member of the Process Review Board working groups.
- Act as the primary interface to the Network Operations Center customers and maintain a strong communication bridge between business partners.
- When required, serve as backup to the Network Operations Center Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related experience. Cisco Certification CCNA preferred, CCNP a plus.
- CISSP or CASP Required
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.