The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Navy in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks. AT&T has an opening for a NetOps Specialist Mid to support the NGEN Team, in providing IT Services.
- Network Engineer with a minimum of 4 years of experience which includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as Cisco routers & switches, associated software tools, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Exposure to VPNs, WAN Accelerators, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) desired
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages
- Experience with secure networks, specifically Intel Community standards a plus. Knowledge of GigE, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, and TCP/IP protocols is necessary. Knowledge of trouble ticketing software such as (HP Service Manager) and networking monitoring/management solutions (HP NNMi/iSPI, HP OM, and HP NA) a plus
- This role will leverage processes, utilizing ITIL best practices, to ensure the IT organization designs, deploys and sustains high quality, highly available solutions that align with business and IT strategic objectives. Knowledge and experience working while WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable
- Previous experience working on military bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with focus on documented activity
Secret Clearance (#secret)
- IAT-II: Security+ required
- Operating System Certification CCNA, CCNP Preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundations Preferred
- Shift Work
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.