Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for System Administrator to support as-a-Service projects. System Administrator will provide commercial communication and IT solutions to as-a-service customers.
Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Top Secret clearance. (#none)
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment according to standards, business rules, and needs.
- Implements server and special mission system security fixes, operating system patches, and antivirus software.
- Processes and reviews C4 systems requirement documentation, telecommunication service requests, status of acquisition messages, and telecommunication service orders.
- Performs user accounts management and standardizes systems settings using automated deployment tools. Manages physical, virtual, and cloud-based server/client hardware.
- Ensures continuing systems operability by providing ongoing optimization and problem solving support.
- Applies computer security policies to safeguard systems and information.
- Categorizes, isolates, and resolves system problems. Performs fault recovery by validating, isolating, correcting faults, and verifying service restoral with customers.
- Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of trouble calls from lower support echelons.
- Processes scheduled and authorized outages. Submits outage reports in response to unscheduled outages.
- Utilizes enterprise patching tools to implement security updates and patches to include: Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments, C4 Notice to Airman, Time Compliance Network Orders, Time Compliance Technical Order, operating system patches, and antivirus software updates.
- Implements and enforces national, DoD, and Air Force security policies and directives. Performs proactive security functions to deter, detect, isolate, contain, and recover from information system and network security intrusions.
- Performs system sanitation resulting from classified message incidents and classified file incidents.
- Analyzes risks and/or vulnerabilities and takes corrective action to mitigate or remove them.
- Reviews and implements C4 systems requirements. Performs strategic and budget planning for systems hardware and software.
- IAT (Level III) certified as defined by DoD 8570.01-M.
- 5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of training; certifications; work and/or military experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience; or equivalent combination of training; certifications; work and/or military experience.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.