Our Technicians keep millions of people connected to the wide range of services we have to offer. If you’re tech savvy, a great problem solver and love helping customers – take your career on the road with us.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Technician at AT&T? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 7
- Personable 8
- Helpful 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Adaptable 9
- Tech savvy 7
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Lift and move up to 80 lbs.
- Possibly work in small confined spaces or aloft (up to 28 ft.)
- Identify wire and cable colors
- Qualify on pre-employment assessments
- Weigh less than 275 lbs. for ladder safety
- AT&T phone (formerly U-verse Voice)
- DIRECTV (including Free HBO & NFL Sunday Ticket), DIRECTV NOW or U-verse TV
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
- Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SW iM, and Ka/Ku, as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc., preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 275 lbs.
Hours vary depending on assignment. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out- of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay.
- On the job training
Premises Technician Assessment
Technical Mechanical Test-Field III
Premises Technician Inventory
Date posted 12/03/2018
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Your experience can take between 4 – 7 weeks depending on location and time of year.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
How to prepare for your assessment
Our goal is to set you up for success at AT&T.
That's why we’re providing you with the information you need to prepare for the entire application process. When you’re getting ready, it’s a good idea to find a quiet place, get in the zone and answer as honestly as possible. And to prevent any errors from happening, make sure you are doing so on a computer and not a mobile device.
The job is rewarding with great pay, benefits and the ability to meet the needs of customers with excellent service. Each day is a new adventure. You meet new customers, explore different cities, and challenge yourself everyday. You get to work on your own, but if needed, you've got reliable support in your group of peers and management team.
Everyday is different. Everyday is a new challenge. You will learn something new everyday, so don't expect to get the job figured out in the first few months.Current Employee – Wire Technician
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.