Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN and its services
- Services and Network Technologies include: Data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches, Call Managers, Voice switches, VTC equipment and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, Juniper/Cisco Routers, etc..) transmission media, (Such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned) security devices 9KG-175A/D, KG-250, KG-340, SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III encryptors) and any other devices in the DODIN.
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
- Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
- Support a performance-based environment with pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALPs)
- Support the development, documentation, and tracking of metrics relevant to the ALPs
- Interface with government counterparts and leadership to provide situational awareness of current network posture and priority incidents.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• Top Secret Clearance
• 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
• Bachelors Degree or higher in an IT related field
• 7-10 years of IT related experience
• Experience in Service Provider environments
• CCNP and/or JNCIS
• Expertise with Networking Concepts (Cabling, Switching, Routing, IP Addressing, Telecommunications, Collaboration etc..)
• Expert communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience leading team’s, technical projects, and achieving exceptional results
• Experience mentoring Associate/Junior Technicians
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications
• Advanced Network Certifications – CCNP SP, JNCIP
• BASH, Perl, Python Scripting experience
• Advanced Routing & Switching Concepts – BGP, IS-IS, L2 and L3VPN’s, IPSEC, MPLS, DMVPN, HSRP, GLBP, ACL’s etc…
• Cisco ONS/MSPP, Sycamore, Ciena, SATCOM, and/or ATM related experience
• Cisco/Juniper collaboration, security, and service provider experience
• Department of Defense Experience
• Knowledge/Development of TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives
• Knowledge/Development of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP)
• Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system and development of documentation, and reporting procedures
• Fluent ability to provide detailed verbal/written communication to contractor and government leadership
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.