Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T is seeking hard-working and dependable candidates to support of the GSM-O contract at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Ogden AFB, UT. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities on a 24x7 basis. We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available. Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidate will perform the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN and its services
- Services and Network Technologies include: Data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches, Call Managers, Voice switches, VTC equipment and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, Juniper/Cisco Routers, etc..) transmission media, (Such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned) security devices 9KG-175A/D, KG-250, KG-340, SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III encryptors) and any other devices in the DODIN.Performs pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
- Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications :
- Cisco ONS/MSPP, Sycamore, Ciena, SATCOM, and/or ATM related training or experience
- Cisco/Juniper routing, switching, collaboration, security, and service provider experience
- Department of Defense Experience
- Knowledge of following TTP/SOP/Work Instructions to meet service delivery directives
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP)
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system, documentation, and reporting procedures
- Ability to provide detailed verbal and written communication to contractor and government leadership as requested
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.