Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Provide engineering support of a VoIP network infrastructure and UC services to include TDM and IP-based trunking, voice routing design and configuration and unified messaging.
- Management of various aspects of Sponsor's enterprise voice, and/or data communications networks through all system life-cycles phases, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, implementation and future migrations.
- Research and evaluating new/emerging technologies (hardware and software) and making recommendations to the engineering team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing architecture.
- Supporting the engineering team and the program's leadership by managing the technical aspects of projects from inception to completion including technical assessments, design, planning, integration, testing, and implementation.
- Assisting engineering team with creating detailed architecture designs for next generation voice technologies and creating engineering guidelines for enhancements based on current production deployments.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation (network designs, SOPs, User Guides, etc.) to support current operation procedures and processes.
- Serve as an escalated Tier 3 resource for trouble tickets and work orders for network services and voice network infrastructure devices.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring across Tier 2/3 engineering team.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- At least 5 years of experience designing, configuring and implementing enterprise/carrier-grade TDM and or VoIP based voice solutions to include:
- Experience with administering, configuring, deploying hardware such as session border controllers, TDM/IP gateways, Softswitches and/or IP PBXs.
- Experience with administering, configuring, and deploying unified communications solutions such as integration of real-time communication technologies (voice, video, messaging) and mobile applications.
- Expertise in VoIP architectures and VoIP technologies, particularly Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Secure SIP, H.323 protocol families as well as the interworking of these protocols with traditional circuit switched networks and protocols networks (ISDN, ISUP and SS7).
- Hands-on experience with administering, configuring, and deploying IP telephony voice solutions such as testing, configuration and administration of call control applications (Cisco Call Manager, Avaya Session Manager or equivalent), voice gateways, session border controllers (SBCs) and IP endpoints.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and other LAN/WAN protocols. Strong knowledge of fundamental IP routing and switching protocols (OSPF, STP, VTP) and technologies (IPSEC VPN, NAT, QoS). Hands-on experience with Cisco and Juniper routing, switching and security products desired.
- Experience with establishing small to medium network solutions including all phases from design, implementation and documentation.
- Ability to monitor and troubleshoot network problems or outages when they arise.
- Candidate must be strong in analytical thinking and problem solving in order to investigate and troubleshoot problems, inefficiencies, and performance issues.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are also needed.
- Occasional work at different locations within the Washington Metro Area and some domestic travel required.
TS with Poly
Desired Experience and Education:
Basic to intermediate system administration experience with Linux and/or Windows platforms.
Experience with Cisco, Juniper, F5 routing, switching and security products.
Experience with Sonus Networks products.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, information technology, engineering or a computer-related field.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.