Westfield Network Program
Ready to join a dedicated team of experts supporting a program which provides a broad range of enterprise network services? We’re connecting cleared professionals to challenging opportunities and we want your expertise as a part of our future.
Job Description: Tier III operations and maintenance (O&M) engineers primary mission is to support the customer’s various WAN and LAN networks. Additionally, support architectural team with new requirements and network upgrades and configuration changes. Act as a subject matter expert in wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) technologies and vendors. Support the customer’s Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures. Provide tiered support for the network operations centers (NOC). Provides support to projects that involve networks. Participate in evaluation of new network technologies and makes recommendations to network architecture team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network. Ensures that plans for hardware and communications are adequate. Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of LAN and WAN networks.
• Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
• Support operations and maintain activities and administer networks including hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Monitor the performance of systems and networks
• Support routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
• Configure, and test hardware, networking software and operating system software.
• Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network.
• Perform a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing network architecture.
• Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
• Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network.
• Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
• Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions.
• Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
• Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
• Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
• Monitor security posture of the network, report suspected violations to designated authority.
• Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
• Perform operator-level maintenance on components for network management systems
• Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
• Optimize network topologies and site configurations. Plan installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
• Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers.
• Organize and direct network installations on site surveys.
• Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
• Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
• Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
• Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
• Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.