Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier II Technician:
Determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. Plan and implement network upgrades. Design, test, and inspect the NRO's computer data communications systems. These systems include wide area networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), and internets. Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling and planning.
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades
- Determine specific network hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs
- Develop procedures to track and report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes
- Estimate time and materials needed to complete projects
- Evaluate network designs to determine if requirements are met efficiently and effectively
- Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing
- Prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to address system maintenance issues
- Coordinate installation of new equipment
- Coordinate network or design activities with designers of associated networks
- Design, organize, and deliver product awareness, skills transfer, and product education sessions for staff and suppliers
- Develop network-related documentation
- Explain design specifications to integration or test engineers
- Develop plans or budgets for network equipment replacement
- Prepare design presentations and proposals for staff or customers
- Supervise engineers and other staff in the design or implementation of network solutions
- Use network computer-aided design (CAD) software packages to optimize network designs
Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.