Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
Req to staff Tier 2 NOC Engineer - HQ -To support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing Tier 2 network monitoring and service.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 2 support to an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Apply software, hardware, and standard information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
- Perform analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs Required Clearance: TSSCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications/Certifications: Candidate must have a total of 7 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and relevant work history. This can be a High School degree and 7 years of relevant work history OR an Associate’s and 5 years, a Bachelors’ and 3 years, a Masters and 1 years or a PhD and 0 years of relevant work history.
Desired Qualifications/Certifications: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.