Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier 2 NOC Engineer - Expert - To provide Tier 2 support to a customer Network Operations Center (NOC). Supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance and helpdesk functions to support network availability. Maintains network hardware and software. Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them. Provides support to numerous customer requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video). Candidate must have hands experience with troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have an understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP.
Some of the tasks are as follows:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents in LAN, WAN networks, and other data communication systems
- Operate, maintain, and manage telecommunications facilities
- Experience with LAN/WAN/TCP-IP; COMSEC, SATCOM
- Provides surveillance and IP network operations troubleshooting.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network.
- Prepare, update and use troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Provide fault management for the network and support performance management functions.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitor security posture of the network, and report suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput)
- Create and/or maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
- Perform analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelor’s and 8 years, a Master’s and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph (#polygraph).
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Desired Certifications: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP
*Work to be performed in Culpeper, VA
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.