Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier 1 NOC Technician to support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing Tier 1 network monitoring and service.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- • Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, and LDP.
- • This position requires all personnel to work a rotating shift schedule. Shifts available include 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.
- • Candidate must have a total of 7 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 7 years of relevant work history OR an Associate’s and 5 years, a Bachelors’ and 3 years, a Masters and 1 years or a PhD and 0 years of relevant work history.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.