Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephony Lead and Tier 3 O&M - To support the 24 x 7 Network Operations Center in providing telephony operations expertise and leadership.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and maintain a variety of telephony and related equipment, including telephone switches, remote switching modules, VOIP systems, trunk interfaces, etc.
- Provide capabilities design services and make recommendations for new equipment, upgrades, and capabilities to be incorporated into the existing network.
- Serve as the customer's senior advisor for telephony.
- Participate and possibly lead new architecture discussions and direction.
applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and
work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work
history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a
Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
- Familiarity with end user equipment required.
- In-depth knowledge of telephone switching, network technologies and hardware including VOIP. Candidate must possess expert knowledge of telephony equipment from leading vendors including but not limited to Avaya, Cisco, and DSG.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.