Westfield Network Program
Ready to join a dedicated team of experts supporting a program which provides a broad range of enterprise network services? We’re connecting cleared professionals to challenging opportunities and we want your expertise as a part of our future.
The Technical Documentation Specialist (TDS) or Technical Writer will be part of the Knowledge Management team and has responsibilities mainly in the areas of technical publications and documentation. The candidate will be responsible for supporting documentation on the network engineering and network management products and services that AT&T manages for a government customer. In this role, the candidate will maintain technical documentation databases, spreadsheets, technical drawings, and edit and write technical documents using Microsoft Office or other applications. The TDS will demonstrate a leadership role in all documentation related to the network projects and service and will communicate with the network architectural and operations organizations.
* Edit and assist development of knowledge articles supporting network operations and efficiency.
* Manage knowledge articles and job aids to ensure relevancy and accessibility.
* Work with subject-matter experts to verify accuracy of knowledge articles and other technical documents.
* Assist with the creation and management of organizational websites and shared spaces.
* Develop job aids by researching, shadowing, and interviewing technical staff.
* Analyze data and reports to nominate topics for knowledge articles.
* Create new documentation or update existing documentation to accurately reflect changes in a product, services, or process.
* Work and adhere to our security policies, procedures, and orders.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education related to the field. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years.
Experienced with managing SharePoint Experience or Confluence spaces, documenting enterprise networks and technology. Experienced with other Knowledge Management systems. Professional experience or degree in technical writing, technical communication, professional writing, English, or science writing field. Document design and graphics skills preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Detail-oriented, self-starter with effective time management skills.
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with CI Polygraph or able to obtain CI Polygraph. Or Active TS upgradable to TSSCI.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.