AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for System Administrator to support the National Security Sector, to provide technical support for the customer’s system test and integration lab, and customer production environment. Provides hand-on support for the IT infrastructure and technical assistance and support as needed to on-site administrators supporting the other two environments.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Familiarity with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) information security requirements, standards, and best practices; DIACP compliancy with Retina, DISA STIG and IAVA patch management.
- Must be able to process and analyze information and trouble calls submitted by a customer (e.g., system administrator, developer, security specialist), make determinations, provide, and implement solutions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to perform complex technical tasks.
- Build and O&M of Linux RHEL systems, MS Windows Server systems, virtual environment that includes virtual servers and virtual routers, Oracle Servers.
- Build and O&M of multiple Network Management applications, VCenter which includes the O&M of VM templates, ESXi hosts, hardware, Oracle Databases.
- Strong writing skills required for preparing documentation and other technical deliverables.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems.
- Provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance.
- Conduct capacity and performance analysis and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
- Increase system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develop system administrator procedures, and conduct system administrator training and skills assessment.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities and programming techniques and controls.
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Maintain servers, create monitoring reports and logs, and ensure functionality of system links.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Applying OS patches for RHEL and Windows servers; configuring/adding new services as necessary; and performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource, optimization as required.
- Configuring CPU, memory and disk partitions as required.
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify vulnerabilities and any possible intrusions; setting up and managing frequent and regular (at least daily) backup operations, ensuring that all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, plus creating recovery tapes or disks as necessary; performing regular file archive and purge as necessary.
- Develop and coordinate project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organization.
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency effectively.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 1.
- Minimum six years of system administrator experience.
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAT Level I Certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2134937 Date posted 06/16/2021