Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The team operates and maintains the Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to protect Federal Executive Branch Civilian Departments and Agencies from cybersecurity threats.
AT&T has an opening for one (1) Solutions Architect to support the DHS, in providing Intrusion Prevention Security Services (IPSS) Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies.
- Gather requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement
- Analyze and recommend integrated system solutions that will ensure proprietary or confidential data and systems are protected
- Recommend enhancements to manage networks and network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers to support and maintain local or wide area networks and recommend networking products and software upgrades
- Review literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management by explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms
- Evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Consult on technical implications to other organizations
DHS TS/SCI (#TopSecret)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of applicable progressively complex systems design experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems
- Industry certifications such as PMI-ACP or other Agile Certification, Lean Six Sigma, PMI-PMP
- MS in a related field a plus or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience
- Industry certifications such as TOGAF, PMI-RMP
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.