AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Northstar Team supports our Nation’s VVIP executive transport and airborne command and control communications, providing, in-flight air-to-ground voice, video, and data communications.
AT&T has an opening for one software engineer to support the Northstar program, in providing system software development directly to the Northstar program.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of cloud-based Linux services. He or she will also assist in developing software system architecture from functional and non-functional requirements. The candidate must have experience integrating with multiple protocols such as SNMP, using networking libraries in multi-threaded object-oriented C++ applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide updates to team leads and leadership on progress of development and address any concerns or potential issues that arise appropriately.
- Perform software design and code reviews and quality checks using open source tools.
- Conducts pilot tests to assess the functionality of newly developed applications.
- Documents requirements, design and software, including, drafts, revisions, and final directions.
- Performs maintenance activities for new and existing systems across all tiers.
- Participates in the analysis, design, and implementation of technical solutions to fulfill new requirements levied against existing systems.
- The candidate will provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement and act as a technical mentor and adviser
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess or be clearable to Top Secret
- Must have relevant experience with developing graphical user interface and command line client applications in C++.
- Must have experience developing multi-threaded server C++ applications.
- 5+ years Qt framework expertise developing and fielding desktop applications and multi-threaded server processes.
- 5+ years programming in an enterprise Linux environment with familiarity with programming tools.
- Expertise in Linux network and system programming.
- Experience developing with SNMP.
- Proficiency in JSON and web development a plus.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or relevant fields.
- Must be able to be cleared for a Top Secret security clearance.
Desired Qualifications: MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or relevant fields is a plus.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!