AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for ServiceNow Designer to provide technical support for the customer’s system test and integration lab, and customer production environment. Provides hand-on support for the IT infrastructure and technical assistance and support as needed to on-site administrators supporting the other two environments.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Familiarity with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) information security requirements, standards, and best practices; DIACP compliancy with Retina, DISA STIG and IAVA patch management.
- Must be able to process and analyze information and trouble calls submitted by a customer (e.g., system administrator, developer, security specialist), make determinations, provide and implement solutions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision to perform complex technical tasks.
- Strong writing skills required for preparing documentation and other technical deliverables.
- Have strong UNIX/LINUX experience. Red Hat Certification preferred.
- Experience with Virtualization, VMware, Citrix, and KVM.
- Knowledge of contained preferred.
- Experience with automated testing required; Spirent and IXIA preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems.
- Provides the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance.
- Conducts capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations.
- Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessment.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities and programming techniques and controls.
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links.
- Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups, and monitors systems security.
- Supervises technical staff; develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organization.
- Performs multiple tasks concurrently and responds to emergency situation effectively.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with polygraph. #polygraph
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a master’s and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10+ years. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience.
- 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience.
- Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python.
- Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST, etc.).
- Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols.
- Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus.
- Experience in configuration development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of HPE NNMi, OMi, NA.
- Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Methodologies.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.