Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- RF Propagation, electromagnetic wave theory, transmission line selection criteria and antenna design
- Diffraction, diffusion and appropriate multipath model application, including in MIMO architectures
- RF Noise and Link Budget analysis for line-of-sight and satellite systems, including the proper application of noise power and noise temperature
- RF systems design of multi-stage, high powered amplifier systems with both direct conversion and intermediate frequency systems.
- Digital modulation techniques and their proper selection for systems design
- Digital encoding techniques and forward error correction application
- Digital Signal Processing of discrete time systems, including appropriate use of time and frequency domain applications
- Software Defined Radio applications, including Matlab, GnuRadio and hand-coded RF applications
- Effects of RF systems integration on IP networks and services
- Field experience in development and test of complex radio architectures
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Arrays desirable
- Strong programming background with experience in multiple successful application development projects
- Linux application development, including networking and socket-based applications
- Implementation of complex RF-based applications, including implementation modulation, filtering, coding, forward error correction, and data delivery, in C/C++
- Measurement and export of RF KPI’s, including RSSI and channel power estimation, waveform sync/loss, Eb/N0 calculation, and BER estimation
- Implementing function and modular tests in one or more software test frameworks
- Experience with RF software systems optimization, including profiling and practical application of SIMD intrinsics.
- Experience with GDB, Valgrind, and static analysis tools to improve software quality, performance and stability.
- Functional knowledge of IP data systems, including addressing, subnetting and routing of IP packets
- Functional knowledge of common IP protocols, including TCP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSL, SIP, etc.
- Functional knowledge if VoIP system requirements as they relate to RF systems
- Basic Linux system administration skills, including use of common shell commands and scripting, installing and removing applications, etc.
- Directly interface with the customers
- Turn-up services, test circuitry, and isolate faults
- Develop operating system updates, test and implement
- Deploy, install, operate, and maintain RF systems supporting government missions within the United States
Active Top Secret (#topsecret)
- Strong communication skills
- A current government issued Top Secret Clearance granted or renewed within the past five (5) years(#topsecret)
- Comprehensive knowledge of radio frequency (RF) characteristics, communications and analog/digital telecommunications
- Familiar with CA Spectrum and Remedy
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 80lbs
- The ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- The ability to work shifts and carry a cell phone while "on-call”
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
15 years in a progressive engineering role that includes design and implementation of complex RF systems with corresponding software development. Candidate must be able to work in a diverse group of subject matter experts, contributing on a broad variety of technical and practical subjects. Masters of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science can be substituted for 5 years’ experience.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.