AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network/telephony solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Defense & National Security – Virginia Programs Office is one of three P&L centers in our National Security business, supporting the Govt. National Security sector doing work that is critical to our nation! We provide critical network (voice data) and information technology support to enterprise and mission customers in this sector, both via professional services on and of customer premise, and providing standard AT&T products and services.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr. Project Manager (individual contributor / non supv.) to support the Defense & National Security Virginia Programs Office (VPO) based out of the Oakton, VA location. We are seeking an experienced, proactive project manager to work collaboratively with our strategic program teams across the VPO business. In this role, the candidate you will oversee a variety of program and business-related projects for executive leadership supporting both fully direct efforts on program and recoverable indirect activities in support of the overall business. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. The ability to motivate others and keep them on task on critical projects, but in a positive and encouraging manner is also a must-have skill for this position.
- Sr. project manager on multiple internal & customer facing non-technical projects, must be willing to work collaboratively across functionally aligned internal and external stakeholder groups
- Adaptably where multiple hats as project leader or as providing key project support to efforts assigned to other, always working collaboratively throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Organize and monitor project schedules and ensure that all project milestones, deadlines & deliverables are met
- As project leader, effectively coordinate efforts with the overall project team, outside subcontractors and external stakeholders, and as required with executive leadership.
- Periodically report updates verbally and in written form (email, memo, etc.) to key project stakeholders including account leaders and executive management - at intervals mutually agreed upon
- Gather or help discern requirements from key stakeholders & assign tasks to other project team members
- Prepare project reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents
- Track budgets, expense, forecasting for assigned programs – using Excel, Corp. tools or customer templates
- Handling purchasing activities in support of assigned programs, using approved corp. purchasing processes
- Prepare and process expense reports for projects supported
- Project schedule management and coordination across assigned project activities using MS Project or similar
- Collateral responsibility: Manage assigned Corp. fleet vehicles for Northern VA based VPO programs – working with Corp. fleet on recalls, inspections, routine maintenance, licensing, and program team approved drivers on vehicle location, fuel cards, etc.
- As needed to support assigned programs, proficiency in using various software, including word processing, project management, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software (MS Office packages), email, etc.
- Routine local DMV travel using POV required, and less frequently domestic US travel providing project support to events and or other activities in support of the business.
Secret , Must be in or willing to undergo processing for TS SCI (#secret) (#ts/sci)
3-5 Years of Project Coordination or Management Experience, PMI Certification: CAPM or PMP (either currently possess or in progress)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!