AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr. Network Systems Architect to support a National Security Customer, in providing support the design, engineering, architecture and security assessment of voice / telephony networks and associated applications; e.g. traditional / legacy voice applications and networks, unified communications, VoIP, over the top voice applications, wireline and mobile networks and associated applications.
- This position is for a Sr. Network Systems Architect (Voice Networks and / or Mobile Networks & Systems Subject Matter Expert) engineering position to support the design, engineering, architecture and security assessment of voice / telephony networks and associated applications; e.g. traditional / legacy voice applications and networks, unified communications, VoIP, over the top voice applications, wireline and mobile networks and associated applications
- The successful candidate for this position will work individually, on technical project teams, and frequently as a lead engineer on technical project teams in a dynamic environment, solving the customer's operational technical problems as well as providing Tier III subject matter expertise and operational risk assessments
- The candidate will work in an environment that requires the customer’s technical operational problems to be solved with solutions that can be quickly deployed to meet evolving mission challenges and an ever-changing operational environment and landscape
Occasional work at different locations within the Washington Metro Area and some CONUS travel required. Infrequent OCONUS travel may be required in the future.
Candidate must possess a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph (#polygraph)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 10 years’ experience with designing, configuring and implementing enterprise/carrier-grade TDM, Mobile and/or VoIP based voice solutions/systems to include QoS implementation and security best-practices
- Experience/understanding of Class 4 /5 switches, unified communication scheme/systems - converged voice, video and/or data communications over a common infrastructure and the integration of technologies such as instant messaging, e-mail, voicemail, SMS, fixed/mobile voice, etc.
- The candidate should understand distributed VoIP architectures and VoIP technologies, particularly SIP, H.323, MGCP protocol families and the interworking of these protocols with both emerging and legacy networks
- Candidate should have a solid understanding of GSM, UMTS/HSPA, and LTE/ePC architectures.
- A solid foundation in TCP/IP and common LAN/WAN technologies/protocols
- Understanding of circuit switched networks and protocols such as ISDN, ISUP, SS7
- Experience with Nokia, Ericcson, Nortel, Avaya and Cisco products (or similar)
- Experience with legacy voice mail systems such as Audix, Octel, and Aspect ACDs
- Experience with Cisco voice solutions such as testing, configuration and administration of voice gateway routers, Unified Communications Manager and Call Manager and IP Phones
- Experience/understanding of mobile communications systems and networks such as GSM, CDMA, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE and future LTE Advanced / 5G networks/protocols. Familiar with IP Multimedia Subsystems (IMS) architectures or experience with designing and implementing IP Multimedia Subsystems (IMS) based systems/networks a definite plus
- Candidate must be strong in analytical thinking and problem solving and must have strong documentation, writing and communications skills to document assessments and technical white papers and position papers
- An in depth understanding of the customer’s operational environment and mission challenges is extremely important in this position and experience with operational and CI risk assessments preferred
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or like field / equivalent work experience desired.
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.