Support a major program at the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) within the National Capital Region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Enhancing existing GOTS or COTS software applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on system demonstration and API successful implementation.
2) Providing suggested solutions for system and/or application issues.
3) Collaborating with customer technical exploitation teams to define clear requirements, performance specifications, deliverables, and milestones for applications.
4) Debugging mobile applications' memory and performance issues, to include using Android Trace view tool to identify performance bottlenecks.
5) Providing malicious code reverse-engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks.
6) Writing and producing technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the malicious software suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences.
7) Examining new trends, techniques, and packaging of malicious software to stay current and be ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits.
8) Periodically supporting field operations.
9) Analyzing software and firmware using reverse-engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities
10) Sharing knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management, and customer decision makers.
Required Education and Experience:
Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least fourteen (14) years of post- baccalaureate, progressive experience in a job offered as Software Engineer/Developer, Application Engineer / Developer or closely related occupation. Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
A) Experience with Android and a strong passion in mobile industry and mobile development.
B) Experience in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON preferred).
C) Experience in wireless API's (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth preferred).
D) Experience communicating design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-through, and bugs -- thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
E) Experience handling multiple simultaneous projects, manage time and priorities.
F) Experience implementing new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code.
G) Experience in communications device design or embedded platform-level software development for mobile communication devices desired.
H) Experience developing/designing mobile phone platforms highly-desired.
I) Experience implementing contemporary commercial wireless devices.
J) Minimum two (2) years of experience with reverse-engineering software packages such as IDA Pro, IDA, Python PyDbg, or OllyDbg, as well as computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy.
K) Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems, and/or boot process software development.
L) Experience in software development and related technologies.
M) Experience in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using iOS and/or Android, development environments.
N) Experience in developing on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and iOS.
O) Experience designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK, including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size.
P) Experience requiring debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Q) Experience with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java) is required; a strong mix is needed with experience in C++ or Objective C and Java or C# as a minimum requirement.
R) Experience developing software applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development.
S) Proven track record of mobile application development.
T) Experience with two or more software development tool environments and tool sets (i.e. Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode).
U)Experience investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyber-attack methods.
V) Experience requiring strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
The candidate must be a US Citizen. Work on this contract will be “TS/SCI” level. Must be able to pass a polygraph prior to starting. Candidates must be clearable and must be willing to adhere to the clearance process.
Listed under required skills BUT will interview with 50% of skills or more
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V