Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Satellite O&M Manager - Full Performance - To join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex information technology environment.
Responsible for the Control, Monitor, and Alarm (CMA) operation and maintenance of satellite communications systems and all associated equipment on a 24 hour per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year on call basis. This individual will provide technical experience covering satellite systems to include: C-Band, L-Band, MilSatCom, BGAN, X Band, Ku, and Ka bands and must have working experience on large (15 meter and larger) satellite antennas as well as microwave equipment.
- Monitor overall system status, respond to alerts, events, outages, maintain a system status database
- Perform and/or assist in maintenance window circuit troubleshooting, testing and fault isolation as required
- Utilize multiple platforms to monitor systems, create tickets or incidents to document efforts, request and track parts, and/or provide technical assistance (Netcool, Network Node Manager, Remedy, CMA CCMA, CCMS etc.)
- Ensure carriers are operating within assigned parameters and are optimized
- Provide advanced support for H/W & S/W upgrades to include security upgrades and SCPC support
- Configure data collection performance parameters
- Perform appropriate testing, patching, configuration and reconfiguration of multiplexers, modems, up-converters and down-converters as required
- Perform maintenance and preventative on modems, multiplexers, up converters, down converters, power amplifiers, servo systems, frequency standards, satellite tracking systems, antenna mounted electronics (AME) and ancillary equipment
- Ensure safety of personnel and equipment
- Support equipment inventory control and follow government property/procurement rules
- Operation of electronic test equipment as required
- Experience with iDirect / iMonitor; Vipersat; Orion systems
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.