AT&T Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We recruit, develop, and empower a diverse, high-performing workforce which is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our U.S. Department of Defense team supports our Nation’s security efforts providing, operating and assuring mission-critical wireline, wireless (including FirstNet), and 5G expansion solutions in support of mission execution.
AT&T is seeking a sales project manager who will be responsible for managing efforts, including tailored services, contracted by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). Significant growth is available as AT&T continues to expand DoD Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) work.
Job Duties Include:
- Serve as the primary interface for programs assigned between AT&T and the DoD customer to include Customer Program Lead, COR, Contract Specialist, and Contracting Officer.
- Manage the program review process to ensure that key entrance and exit criteria for major program milestones are met, and the program is prepared to enter the next stage of application development, network enhancement development, prototyping and demonstration
- Develop & maintain program documents to include the following: Program Management Plans (PMPs); Integrated Master Schedules (IMS); design review material; presentations; recommendations; Analysis of Alternatives; and briefings as tasked by the Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Provide ongoing status reports and planning documentation to DoD customer; Develop technology roadmaps, risk management plans, and strategies to acquisition and programmatic decisions relative to RDT&E mission objectives.
- Drive execution of project and program tasks through oversight and integration of key business areas to drive cost efficiencies and optimal schedule performance.
- Coordinate and facilitate RDT&E program capture activities; Develop program baselines, execution plans, integrated schedules, funding profiles, staffing plans, agile earned-value based program performance criteria and metrics, and milestone deliverables in conjunction with the program management office
- Make recommendations for strategic planning and execution of various Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Research and Engineering (R&E) initiatives pertinent to mission needs and technical capabilities
- Work to incorporate AT&T strategic solutions and evaluate and secure cutting-edge technologies essential to the modernization of national strategic command, control, communications.
- Provide engineering expertise and make recommendations to the emerging capability assessment and development, engaging in requirements analysis, operational needs determinations, technical systems application evaluations, and science and technology planning and critiques.
- Apply management skills to all aspects of program success as measured by customer satisfaction, financial objectives, contributions to the responsible AT&T business unit, and performance of assigned personnel, including matrix staff.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
- Leadership and management experience, including analytical roles, in US military or federal IT organization
- The position requires strong process improvement skills, development experience, excellent organizational ability, time/task management skills, and strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Serves as primary customer contact and may spend significant time at customer locations near Joint Base Lewis McChord in the Tacoma WA, area.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas, facts, and directions in either written or verbal form, both informally and formally.
Required Clearance:Be US citizen eligible to hold Public Trust clearance level. Or is has anActive Interim Secret, Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance.
- Five years supporting AT&T Sales and/or Service Management, with a firm understanding of application development, wireless technology, mobility products, processes, and systems used.
- Significant experience supporting United States Army IT related enterprises.
- The Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working collaboratively within AT&T, with vendors/partners/teammates, system integrator partners, and directly with the customer to fulfill mission requirements.
- Knowledge of service management methodologies, tools, and templates and large, complex IT environments.
- Experience in working with wireline and wireless telecommunications management systems, especially with AT&T’s systems.
- Education: B.S., IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or Telecommunications or 10 years experience managing complex IT programs.
- Certifications: Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMI PMP)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2140947 Date posted 07/16/2021