Principal Technical Consulting Engineer
**Security Clearance Eligibility Required**
On our Public Sector Solutions team, you’ll serve as advisor to the sales force, customers and potential customers regarding the resolution of technical, procedural, or engineering issues that affect the sales, installation and utilization of organization products and or services. As a Principal Technical Consulting Engineer you’ll act as a Technical SME within the organization, applying expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines.
- Design, configuration, and implementation support for customer network infrastructures
- Maintain technical network knowledge as well as the ability to work with sales to resolve problems or respond to special customer requests
- Propose changes in products and or services that result in cost reductions and increased sales
- Prepare operating manuals and training materials for customers, sales force, and operational support staff
- Expert level technical professional that mentors team members and leads technical teams
- Conduct proof of concept testing and engineering tasks to validate network architectures and proposed designs
- Support Engineering design reviews, configuration control procedures, maintain engineering site documentation
- Support delivery of scheduled or ad-hoc performance reporting as well as network reliability analysis and analytical data reviews
- Liaison to AT&T Labs, Product, Network, Engineering and Technical groups in support of new services
- Assist with process development, process improvement, and process management
- Solve complex, critical problems related to significant unique issues.
- Lead contributor on critical projects and technology initiatives
- MS Degree in Engineering, Math or Science preferred or equivalent related experience.
- 8 or more years’ experience in a lead network engineering role
- 8 or more years of complex problem solving and troubleshooting
- 8 or more years’ experience with advanced network topologies and devices
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Job ID 2130947 Date posted 07/30/2021