AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for Software Quality Assurance Engineer to support the customer identify software problems and their cause. Develop and implements quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments. Develop and defines major and minor characteristics of quality including quality metrics and scoring parameters and determines requisite quality control resources.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures. Determine the standards for product quality and readiness.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability. Document software defects and report defects to software developers.
- Monitor software problem resolution efforts and successes. Document test procedures so they can be replicated and to ensure compliance with standards. Evaluate or recommend software for testing or problem tracking.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content. Install, maintain, and use Software testing programs.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
- Develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. Conducts and/or participates in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle. Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.