Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Firewall, Email, and Web Security Systems Administrator - To support the 24x7 Network Operations Center in providing network security expertise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Perform IT Systems Administration on physical and virtual infrastructure with a focus on firewall, email, and web security protocols.
- Ensure cyber security and OPSEC policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the operating environment.
- Integrate hardware and software components within the systems environment. Continually monitor and fine-tune performance of the Information Systems.
- Conduct analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors.
- Provide database support for SQL databases related to mission specific applications services including service life-cycle maintenance of databases, implementing reporting features, correcting database errors, modifying databases performing upgrades, and user training.
- Configure and manage WSUS/SCCM for patching and application management; Network Administration: Configure, manage, and troubleshoot networking issues with Cisco ASA, Cisco Fiber and Lan switching (Layer 2 and 3)
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Experience installing and configuring Windows 10; installing and configuring Windows Server 2012; configuring Advanced Server 2012 Services.Windows/UNIX Systems Administration experience to include Active Directory Domain Services (DNS, DHCP, GPO Management) as well as Active Directory Certificate Services.
Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
Desired Qualifications/Certifications: Security+ CompTIA commercial certification (or higher, such as CISSP, etc.). Windows and UNIX/Linux. VMware.
**Work to be performed in Mclean, VA**
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.