Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Provisioning Technician to support all program functional areas in providing service provisioning expertise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintain network devices by coordinating with NOC technicians and managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues
- Create tickets for maintenance and implement and follow established processes in accordance with current policies and procedures
- Detect, analyze, and resolve network switching and transmission system problems while minimizing impact on customer service
- Test and analyze elements of network facilities (power, communication machinery, software lines, modems, and terminals)
- Monitor systems and advises senior members of network staff of network failures or degradation and assist in arranging for corrective actions plans
TS/SCI with Poly (#Polygraph); This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening
- Experience with network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators
- Have experience with a ticketing system
- Have a keen sense for solving problems
- BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification required
- Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history
Cisco certification desired
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.