Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Provisioning Engineer - Expert - To support the Network Operations Center in providing network engineering expertise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Network installations, including the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required
- Ensure successful integration of network systems and components
- Receipt of project tasking, review of approved engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts
- Network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, including support of after-hours implementations
- Fulfill reporting functions on network status
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
Required Qualifications/Certifications: Experience with surveys, installing conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Detailed understanding of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols
- Experience in cable installation and cable types (Copper, Fiber)
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices)
- Familiarity with Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs
- Knowledgeable of Type 1 (Government) and Type 2 (Commercial) Encrypted Cryptographic devices
Desired Qualifications/Certifications: Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred
BICSI Certification and RCDD/DD Certification, Cisco certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.