Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for an NMS Designer - To support the changing needs of the customer. Responsible for designing and building components of scalable, secure web-based applications. Responsible for participating in the full application lifecycle including support of the application in production by researching and resolving production issues.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain services including web, development, configuration management, etc.
• Design, implement, test, and support network management-based applications and documents design ideas
• Participate in requirement gathering sessions, Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
• Configures and tunes application servers, ensure cleanliness and optimization of code written in complied languages such as Java
• Participate in production troubleshooting and issue correction for applications after the production implementations
• Participates in production issues remediation and troubleshooting as needed
• Solve complex production issues
• Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
• Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience
• 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience
• Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python
• Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST, etc.)
• Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols
• Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus
• Experience in configuration development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge of HPE NNMi, OMi, NA
• Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus
• Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Methodologies
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.