AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer - To provide network engineering and physical hardware support to the recapitalization effort within various customer facilities.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Maintain technology/telecommunication equipment and installs; rearrange and remove equipment and associated wiring.
- Interpret service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics
- Fiber and copper installation and support experience (termination, testing, installing).
- Support initiatives for project-related and ongoing operations for network and voice communication services.
- Review, test and implement new software tool revision/ feature sets/ Patch evaluation and periodic system refresh.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history.
- Ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Must have experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment/hardware and related cabling infrastructure.
- Understand and be able to comprehend network diagrams, cabling run lists and basic power requirements. Familiar with fiber optic and ethernet cabling.
- Experience with Cisco command line and GUI configuration.
- Knowledge of component and transmission medium compatibility and interconnection
- Ability to work with schematic capture tools and/or AutoCad
- Certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology.
Desired Certifications: CISCO, CCNA Networking or Security
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.