Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Modeling and Simulation Engineer - To support the customer’s WAN and LAN networks to ensure network bandwidth and port capacity to meet customer metrics. Engineers will support the various service owners on current network configuration and future upgrades. Provides support to projects that involve networks. Participate in new network configurations and integration into existing networks to maintain optimal performance.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, documentation, and reporting on the various networks
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders
- Analyze the current performance of systems and networks. Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the NRO's engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to eliminate impact on network performance, and improve survivability, and provide feedback to the network engineers
- Use complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies
- Generate reports and data required by Program Team to manage complex networks. Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification requirement.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.